Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Madison Madison International Architects & Planners

Project Manager (4 years)

At MMI, I began as technical staff but quickly advanced to project manager, coordinating different teams on four separate projects. I prepared program information by interviewing clients and users. From this data schematic designs were developed with the chief designers.

As a result of having these responsibilities so soon after graduation, I developed a project-tracking system to document the progress of the work, material research and construction techniques, systems integration with engineering consultants and other project related issues and solutions. This very effective system carried me successfully through the next 10 years.

Many of my assignments were projects that previously ended with bids in excess of the owners' requirements. My responsibility was to revise the documents, maintain the owners' standards and meet the project's construction budget: this was done successfully for each project.

My relationship with MMI extended beyond my employment. At my own office, north park studio, Architects LLC I was contacted by MMI and asked to assist with the Great Lakes Science Center Parking Structure. The project had lain dormant for 2 years lacking funding and suddenly reappeared with a 6 week deadline. The parking structure is nestled among the Science Center, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and the Cleveland Browns Stadium. Owner prompted delays extended the deadline by 3 weeks. The work was completed on time.

The parking structure has 500 spaces with a green roof (grass literally) that was intended to feature a firefighter's memorial and park.

No comments:

Post a Comment